Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Live Life!




Notice the picture...it doesn't look like these girls were actually planning on going swimming.  Fully clothed, they decided it looked like fun and jumped on in!  There was no plan, but it turned into a fun plan.  Just livin' life to the fullest.

I woke up yesterday with a plan in mind for my day.  I usually try to "pencil" out my week.  There are certain things I "have" to do, certain things I "want" to do and other things that make the list "just in case".  I completely strayed from my plan and didn't get one thing accomplished on my Monday list.  It was a great day!

Live Life...seize the moment.  I ended up taking a ride with my husband to go pick up some parts for the equipment. When he first asked if I wanted to go, I thought, "no, I have a lot of things I want to get done today."  On second thought, "Sure, let me go get ready."  We were soon on the road. Days like this need to come more often.

We were able to spend the day catching up, talking about anything that came to mind and most importantly just spending time together.  This trip happened to be to Klamath Falls, Oregon.  What made our conversations even more fun was reliving the many trips we took with the kids to Klamath Falls. That is when our spontaneous road trips actually began.  Things would come to a halt on the ranch for various reasons, we would load up the kids and go to Klamath.  Usually we would stay at a hotel with a pool and just hang out and have fun.  Country kids go to the city!  These trips were never planned, reservations weren't made, we just went.  Those were the most memorable trips...that is a whole different story.

The road trip today was completely spontaneous.  There were no real exciting plans, just a drive.  It went too fast, and was a very successful day.  We made plans, talked about schedules, kids, solved the worlds problems and much more!  When I got home, I thought about how my day would have gone had I chosen to stay home.  My husband would have had a lonely trip by himself and I would have missed out on some good quality time.

Today wasn't a planned day...sometimes you just need to jump in the water with your clothes on. My day was a pure definition of how to Live Life

                               “You may delay, but time will not.” -Benjamin Franklin


No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner