Sunday, May 15, 2011

Prom Memories

Photo by Kathi Corder Photography
The memories all came rolling back….oh, the glorious days of prom!  Spending three days straight decorating, chaperoning and cleaning up for my daughter’s prom caused me to reminisce a little about proms past…
Here’s what I remember….
-Getting my hair done because everyone else did and not really liking it…
-Looking for the fullest dress I could find.  Hoops were very popular, the bigger the skirt the better…the problem…how to get in the car!
-My date one year in a very nice suit, but forgot his dress socks.  When he sat, the colored striped athletic tube sock showed!
-Going to the Prom with the guy I just beat in the Student Council President election…hmmm
-My senior prom, my dad let my date drive the corvette my parents just bought the day before.  (Not a chance that would happen in this household  J)
-Always having to drive at least an hour to dinner, because we had no dinner places in our town.
-My date feeding the fish in the waterway next to our table with his steak…
 Here’s what I don’t remember….
-Who the band or DJ was…it was just a lot of fun dancing!
-What the decorations looked like…I really don’t remember…I know we were at the Vet’s Hall.
-My pictures, I can’t find them…but I do know one of our teacher’s took the pictures one year.
It was so much fun watching all of the kids having a great time last night.  Everyone looked fabulous!  The opportunity to dress up, go have a nice dinner and have a formal evening is something that high school students look forward to.  Even though I don’t remember all of the details, I do remember how much I enjoyed the proms I attended.  It was such a good time getting to dress up and spend time with my close friends.
To me, the preparation, dressing up, going and enjoying the special night and getting home safe are the most important things of Prom night.  It was a pleasure to take part in Prom 2011.  Thanks to those students, I sat back and thought a little about proms in the 80’s…

                                           The memories of prom last a lifetime...



No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner