Friday, May 27, 2011

Doing What You Need to Do


The picture says it all....sometimes you just have to do what you need to do.  Doesn't matter that you are a male lab and the puppy is a female cowdog.  It's either help take care of her or listen to her whine all night.  By now if you read my blogs, you know Blue and what an amazing dog he is. He proved it yet again when we got the puppy last year.

How many lesson exactly am I going to learn from this dog?  A lot more I hope!  Sometimes you just need to do what you need to do.

So many times when I ask one of my kids to do something, they don't want to do it.  I reply, "do you think I really want to do laundry?"  It has to be done.  I read something once about finding joy in mundane tasks.  When picking up your son's dirty socks, say a prayer for him.  When cleaning your daughter's sink, thank God for the blessing that she is.  When picking up the trail your husband left in the house, be thankful for him and the family you share.

There are things in life we have to do.  Given the choice, I am sure there are things we would rather do, but that is not how it works.  We do what we need to do to keep life running and to keep a balance.  We do things to keep the people around us comfortable and happy. It may not always be our job or what we expect, but we get it done.


"Love Turns work into rest."

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner