Friday, May 20, 2011

My Friends Live in a Cookie Jar




I have always admired my son for being friends with everyone.  He has a true gift of seeing the good in everyone.  He wrote this poem years ago.  It is one of my favorites!

If you want to know my friends,
Just take a look in the cookie jar.
There are many kinds of friends and others,
From Oatmeal to Peanut Butter.
If you know one, you’ll certainly want to know the other.

Chocolate Chip is warm and gooey,
Like a friend who’s there always truly.
Peanut Butter is kind of nutty,
Just like some of my best buddies.
Oatmeal Raisin not everyone likes,
But just be nice and try a bite.

As they crumble to the bottom of the jar,
All mixed together, my friends they are.
Some are constant like chocolate chip,
Others keep me laughing-they are the cutters,
They are yours truly, the peanut butters.



"The best way to keep friendships from breaking is not to drop them."

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner