Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Numbers


My husband called me yesterday and asked me whose phone number is".........?" I actually thought about it before telling him, "I don't know, why?"  He explained that they had called his cell phone a few times and didn't leave a message.  "I just thought my 'rolodex' wife would know whose number it was."

I had to laugh to myself. I am a numbers person...not math...but remembering numbers.  For about 10 years I worked at the same job and could remember pretty much every business phone number in the valley.  I was the phone book in my family. I still remember my phone number from when I was a kid 823-2006!

It got me thinking about all of the numbers and passwords we have to remember these days.  There are so many numbers floating around in our mind.  Birthdays, meeting dates, phone numbers, addresses, bank card pin numbers, bank account numbers, social security numbers, cell phone numbers, and on and on and on! What happens when we register at a hotel, we have to remember our car license plate number! When we log on to an account...another number.  Ughh! 

As it turns out, I remembered who the number belonged to that was calling my husband.  I texted him on his cell phone number, gave him the information.  I proceeded to go to the bank, used the ATM and my pin number, got gas and used my gas card with ID number and remembered the phone number of the hamburger place, called them and ordered lunch for 3, went to the post office and remembered my 2 different P.O. Box numbers and proceeded home to log into this account with another password number.

I may be forgetting the number of years I am old...but I still remember lots of other numbers. My family tells me knowing the dates of birthdays is most important.  I say recalling my own phone number is most important!  All of those numbers are in there floating around, waiting to be called upon...I guess it's good activity for the brain!



P.S. When I was thinking about numbers, I found this interesting website that told about specific numbers.  My favorite number is "4".  I'm not sure why...this is what I found out about "4"

A quartet, a foursome... The word four has four letters. In the English language there is no other number whose number of letters is equal to its value. The number four on a calculator is made up of four light bars. Many things are arranged in fours. There are four suits in a deck of cards, four points of the compass, and four phases of the moon. There are four wings on a bee and four leaves on a clover, if you are lucky. The four seasons are spring, summer, autumn and winter.
 
Learn about your favorite number on this website...
 
http://www.richardphillips.org.uk/number/Num4.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner