Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Be a Better You



Although New Years Resolutions are not my thing, I always like to take a look at how things are going in my life, what I am missing and how I can be a better person. There are many things I set out to do each year and hope they become habit.

This year is no different. Eighteen days into the year, I have managed to change my routine a little, try some new things, look at situations through a different perspective and try to be a "better me."

I'm going to share my list with you...

Walk or exercise everyday. 
While on my walk take the time to notice the beautiful things around me.
If walking with a friend, take the time to really listen in conversation.
Take pictures.
Be aware of people around me and how they are feeling.
Take the time to drop a card or note in the mail to just say hi.
Call my grandmas regularly...I love to talk to them!
Eat better...cook different foods and use spices!
Paint my nails...silly, but fun and it makes me feel good.
Read my Bible everyday.
Join a Bible study group.
Stay after church and visit a while.
Smile at passers-by.
Slow down!
Keep my laundry pile folded.
Not partake in negative conversations.
Pray throughout the day...a constant conversation with God.
Support my community.
Say I love you A LOT to my family...give lots of hugs.
Use things before I buy more.
Be happy with what I have.
Write everyday.
Wear different clothes....not just the same old favorites.
Crochet....a memory of my great-grandma.
Recognize my blessings each day.
Focus on positive.


Most importantly...Live, Love and Laugh and see the Blue Skies in every day!


Quote of the Day...
Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
Martin Luther King, Jr.



No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner