Monday, January 16, 2012

Whew!


It is time to celebrate! Book work for the ranch and store is DONE! I think I have broke a record. It's reconciled, double checked and ready to send to the accountant, whew!

This is not normal for me. I usually sit at the dining room table the WHOLE month of January because I have let myself get so far behind. By the time I am finished I am so tired of doing book work, I let myself get behind again. Not this year! Selling the store early in the year helped, there wasn't near as much to do. I managed to keep up this year. The only reason I had to spend the last couple of days working on it was because I was waiting for the recent statements. Then of course, I had to double check everything.

What a great feeling. Why didn't I figure this out before? Not letting yourself get a month or two behind makes things A LOT easier!

Now, for the fun stuff...I can finally bring out my new sewing machine, tackle some cleaning and organizing projects, and do more writing...nothing will make me happier. I will, though, carve out a couple of days per month to stay caught up on the books. Seeing the payoff is a big motivation for keeping up with the stack!


Monday's Recipe
I am going to share this recipe in it's original form. It is from my Nana Helen. She got it from her mother. It is one of my favorites! It is always a special treat when Nana makes Grebble for us!




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the achievement! I'm waiting on one more royalty statement and I'll be ready to finish mine up, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to come back and comment. I thought all I needed was one royalty statement, but I also need two 1099-MISC statements to be ready to roll. I don't have identification numbers to file just yet! But the rest is filled in (amounts, etc).

    ReplyDelete

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner