Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Being Willing to Be a Vessel


I have to do it...I have to write about him and what he is doing. Why? Because he is doing what God has planned for him. He is a vessel that God is using in a big way. This isn't about football. The Denver Broncos are not a favorite team of mine, I have never really watched them. I do like Tim Tebow, therefore I watch the Broncos.

What this is about is a person who has clearly put God first in his life and has his priorities straight. This is about a person who is having so much impact on people, even he can't see how significant it is. 

Have you seen how many people have been searching John 3:16 on Google? Does that mean there are that many people that have NEVER read that verse? This is one of the MOST important verses in the Bible and some people are just now searching it. Why? Because of Tim Tebow's influence.

In his game Sunday, the scripture may not have been worn on his face, but the reference could not be ignored. This gives me goose bumps every time I talk about it. This is a "God thing"...there couldn't be a coincidence in my eyes. He threw for 316 yards, he threw an average of 31.6 yards per pass and the final quarter television rating was 31.6....hmmm, God is working in a big way through this man.

So what did these statistics do? Prompted people to look at the scripture, many for the first time. Eyes are on Tim Tebow and he is letting God work through him as we all are called to do. He shows love and grace and compassion. He is not afraid to be exactly the person God made him.

I for one don't really care what kind of a quarterback he is...I care about the kind of person he is. He has been put in a position that allows him to affect many people and he is doing it with a lot of faith.


For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16


Tuesday's Craft

I have to try this!



No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner