Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My Stuff


There were a few boxes in storage at my husband's childhood home. I picked them up the other day. Today, I went through them. What a fun trip down memory lane....

The things I found buried in those boxes surprised me. Why would I keep some of those things? I guess the mind of a teenager is a little different than a middle aged woman!

My 4-H hat and tie, my FFA scarf, my Micky Mouse ears weren't that out of the ordinary. But why would I save a smashed "BV Track" hat. It was right along side of my track spikes. Were my feet that small?

My Blue Bird scrapbook from 2nd Grade, my high school senior memory book and college notebooks gave me reminders of many different times in my life. 

When in Blue Birds I vividly remember the group singing a song that went, "Valerie, Valer-ra, Valerie, Valer-ra-ha-ha-ha-ah." Everyone would turn and look at me! I didn't like that at all.

My high school memory book had some secret code written in it that for the life of me I don't remember how to decode!

The college notebooks....wow, I took good notes. Most of it looks foreign to me now. I can't believe I took some of those classes. I would share the notes with my kids...but it wouldn't make any sense. Everything is taught so differently now.

I found my Ziggy doll, my dress-able Snoopy and my autograph alligator. There was a box of letters from my childhood friends. After growing up with the same friends until 8th grade, my family moved 6 hours away. That was a tough time...new high school, new friends. I was reminded of how my friends kept in touch and continued to encourage me.

There was the weird stuff...the "Sperry-Topsider" Banner, the lime green stuffed dinosaur, the bike lock and Barbie Corvette.

A plaque my grandma painted me for my sweet 16 was a great find. Along with the Pom-Pom Ball raccoon I made myself.

The one thing that links to my life now....Countless notebooks and papers from 1984 that were covered with "Tim & Val" or "I Love Tim"....and I still do...I may not want my stuffed dinosaur anymore, but some things won't ever change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner