Sunday, January 22, 2012

Mercy


Today I was reminded of my grandpa. It was like he was right there with me, but at the same time I missed him so much. At church we sang his favorite song, "I Will Sing of the Mercies of the Lord." This family song was always led by grandpa. This last summer he went home to be with his Lord.

As we sang, tears instantly filled my eyes as I was overwhelmed with a mixture of emotions. The thing I knew, was that my grandpa was with me and he was reminding to stand on the foundation he taught us as we grew up. The foundation of God's Grace and Mercy. 

What is Mercy? The dictionary says mercy is compassionate treatment, having a capacity to forgive or showing kindness.

From a Biblical view mercy is defined as follows:


-God's love to people; when he forgives us for the things that we do.



-Help to those who are in need or difficulty; the love that God has when he makes us good; God's love and the good things that he does; the feeling of love that God has towards all that he has made.

-God's love and goodness.

-The love that God shows when he forgives.

-God's attitude because of his love. He forgives everyone who confesses their sins to him, because of Jesus' death. 

Mercy is a gift...the song we sang in church reminds us that God has shown us many mercies and we should be thankful each day. His mercies for us are constantly renewed. 

I will sing of the mercies of the Lord 
forever
I will sing, I will sing.
I will sing of the mercies of the Lord 
forever,
I will sing of the mercies of the Lord.

With my mouth will I make known
Thy faithfulness, Thy faithfulness.
With my mouth will I make known
Thy faithfulness to all generations.....

I am thankful for the reminder I received today. I am thankful for the lifelong example my grandpa's life was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner