Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Unexpected Benefits From Healthy Changes



I never expected this. I have been working pretty hard at a healthier lifestyle and was really only focusing on the benefits it would give me. It is a lot easier to live the fast-paced, no time for exercise, grab a quick snack, eat out three time a week lifestyle.

Planning for daily exercise, planning for meals and getting in a routine has taken a little time...but I like it! What I have discovered are many unexpected changes. Here's a few...

-Saving money...No more are the daily stops at the store to grab a soda and a snack, no more are the "I don't feel like cooking, let's grab a pizza", no more are the white chocolate mocha coffee drinks when we see a coffee place...that all adds up!

-The Pantry...I haven't opened a can or box out of the pantry in weeks. I cook with food from the freezer, refrigerator, and spice rack.

-The Recycle Bag...We have NO cans...No soda = No cans

-Grocery Shopping...I only see the outer aisles...I haven't been buying any of the processed foods

-More Dishes...I cook more, therefore more dishes! 

-Spices...After 22 years of marriage I have discovered the use of spices...what took me so long to realize there is more than salt, pepper and garlic out there? This is fun!

I think we are on to something here...and the best part is I feel better!

Tuesday...Organize so I can Craft!
Here's a great chart I found, I think I will use this plan!


No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner