Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sounds I Wish I Bottled



The laughter of a child is the best sound I have ever heard.  Nothing can bring a smile to my face like that sound.

When our children were young we would say, “Wouldn’t it be great to bottle that laughter and listen to it when we are feeling down.” That was just long enough ago that we weren’t able to do it like we would be able to today. We have some of these sounds on a video recorder, so they are not lost forever.

With the technology we have today, it is so easy to record a sound you love.  Recording it on your cell phone and using it as a ringtone is as simple as pressing a button. Having access to record that sound at a second’s notice and the ability to not miss these precious moments is a great way to preserve memories.

If I could go back and bottle some special sounds from my kids, these are what they would be...

The gentle cooing of our small babies and that little giggle that happened for the very first time.

The genuine laughter that came from their tummy when our toddlers were really tickled about something.

The first words spoken out of their tiny little mouths.

The shriek of amazement when they got their first kitten and puppy.

The perfect breathing while the kids lay nestled tight in their beds.

The giggles that came from across the hall when they were planning on waking us up on Christmas morning.

The sweet sound of “I Love You” when they are all cuddled up on your lap.

The time they actually said, “You are right.”

Which would I have as a ringtone?  I’m not quite sure.  I think I would switch it around a bit…but the laughter, that’s the one that I can hear in my heart forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner