Saturday, August 20, 2011

I Am A Thankful Mom


Things can happen fast...we need to remember that always.  Yesterday was just like any normal day...until last night when our daughter called and said she had just had an accident.  It wasn't late, about 8:30.  My hear about jumped out of my chest.  She said she was okay, but I would not believe that until I saw her.

She and a friend were driving fairly close to home.  There was a dead deer in the road that she swerved to go around.  She lost control of her car and it ended up on its side on facing the other direction off of the other side of the road.

My husband and I jumped in the car and drove the five miles to the location of the accident.  There were flashing lights and an ambulance.  You can only imagine how I was feeling at this point...scared beyond belief. It is a parent's worst fear. We walked to the ambulance where she was along with her passenger.  Thank the good Lord that they were truly okay. They were scared...very scared...but they were uninjured.

Her car was on it's side.  Looking at it, I was even more thankful that God was in control. There were so many variables that could have made the situation different.  

When we finally got her home, we talked...A lot!  Now I think she knows why we always talk about driving each time she leaves, why we worry, why we act the way we do as parents...we love her so much, we cannot imagine anything happening to her.  

It was a scary situation, that fortunately didn't have any bad results.  I think it will serve as a huge reminder to her always...and a huge reminder to us to love each other with all we have every minute of every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner