Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Are You Ready For Some Football?


"What's the date?" I told him it's the 17th..."Oh, good the 20th the Raiders play the Niners at 5:00 o'clock!"  That was our morning coffee conversation...football is here.

I have to say I am not one of those wives that dreads football, I like football and always have. In our house, we are Raider fans, because that is what my husband is. "This is their year".....well, that's what my husband says every year.  He is a true fan, he sticks with then through thick and thin and he has been a fan since he was a small boy.

Last year, he took our daughter to the GREAT Raiders-Chiefs game.  They sat in the rain and watched and had the best time ever.  He said he was taking her for some "culture."  I am sure she got plenty!

We watch professional football, college football, high school football and even go watch some youth flag football.  Our son plays at Midland University in Fremont, Nebraska.  He is starting his junior year season.  We really enjoy going out there to watch his team.  Great friends, great tailgate fun and great midwest football!

My nephew is playing college football now too.  He is just starting at Pacific University in Forest Grove, Oregon.  We hope to get up to watch one of his games.  The younger nephew will be playing his first year of high school football.  The neighbor boys play NFL Flag football.  I think we are covered and will never lack a game to watch.

I can tell football season is around the corner, you can just feel it in the cool morning air. I am pretty sure there would be no complaints around here if football was a year round sport!

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner