Thursday, August 25, 2011

How many Feet Do We Have?



On the porch, by the back door
Everywhere I look there seems to be more

Black ones, whites ones, boots and one sandal
Just how many shoes can one family handle?

The last time I counted we only had six feet and thirty toes
How we got so many shoes, nobody knows

We possibly can't wear them all in a week or even two
why must I always be tripping over a shoe?

Athletics and work boots, sandals and ones that you just put on with a slip 
Even the irrigation boots that go over the hip

Everywhere I look, each corner and each door, 
a pair of shoes graces the floor

I try to clean, vacuum and such
but by the time I have picked up the shoes it's already too much!

No more shoes, this mom does say
until we have worn a different pair with each new day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Val:

    I found your blog site and came here to read some of your post. I found your new link where you posted it on GoodBlogs. I am happy I have found your site and I do enjoy reading your work.

    I have created a new blog recently to post some of my Mom's post from Good Blog on it and also I have added some of my work. I have posted some poems and stories on the new blog site that the Grandchildren have written. If you would like to come and visit the new site address is http://www.gatelesspassage.com I hope to see you there. I am going to see if I can subscribe here so that I can be notified of new post.

    I like your new site it is very nice. Ann LeFlore

    ReplyDelete

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner