Saturday, November 5, 2011

Really? Snow?


The white stuff already? I heard the weather report the other day and didn't really believe there was a chance of snow. It is only the beginning of November and typically that hasn't been the normal weather pattern around here lately.

Well, I was wrong in my thinking. On the way home Thursday night, it was snowing so hard and such big flakes, I couldn't see a thing. The snow was accumulating on the road very fast and it was so WHITE...I couldn't tell where the road was. My winter eyes aren't acclimated yet. Finally, my husband passed me and I could follow his tracks.

I thought this was just an odd occurrence that would go away. Well, it's Saturday morning and it's snowing AGAIN! I talked to friends in Nebraska this morning. While it is 20 degrees here, it is 53 degrees there. While it is snowing here, it is clear there. (Their weather is on the way.) There is something really wrong with this picture. Our son's college roommates think that since he is from California it is all beaches and sunshine. He had to explain that we live in the mountains and get snow.

I haven't put my hoses away yet, the leaves haven't fallen and we still need to winterize. I guess we better get on it. 

So, are you ready for the white stuff? Ready or not I think it's on the way....time to snuggle in for winter and slow things down a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner