Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Great Catch!


I hope you've already had your coffee and breakfast.....

It was about 2:00 am and it was getting a little chilly in the house. I got up to put wood in the fire just like any other night. I stepped out on to the porch with no shoes on to get a piece of wood. I got more than a piece of wood...I stepped on a partially eaten mouse and felt it between my toes! Ewwwww! (I warned you!)

This was one of many treasurer's our first cat, Figueroa, left on the doormat. What is it about a cat wanting you to see what they have caught. Daily there would be a mouse head, bird feathers, the entire mouse or just some remnants.

Things haven't changed any. We have a new cat, Lilly. She is quite a hunter as you may have read in previous blogs. She catches several things in a day. She is a hungry cat. Yesterday, she was very clear in the point that we were out of cat food.

I went shopping and as I am walking in with a bag of cat food, I have to step over the icky remains of the inside of a mouse. I sweep this mess off of the porch and feed Lilly.

Lilly filled her belly and went back outside. It wasn't 10 minutes and I hear a squabble on the porch. I have learned never to open the door when you hear this or the prey just might come in with the cat. I waited a bit and opened the door. Lilly was gone, but there was a plump little mole on my doorstep...Thanks Lilly!

So we start a new day and she hasn't disappointed me, there is a mouse head on the doorstep.

I am guessing that the cats just want us to be proud of them and to let us know they are doing their job well!


No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner