Thursday, November 17, 2011

One of Those Days...Weeks!


Help!I need to put a freeze on the clock for just a little bit so I can get caught up. It has been a busy week and today is no exception.  My ability to multitask is being tested today. So how do you handle a day filled with too many things to do? What are the key steps to multitasking?  Here's a few ideas...

Stay Organized! Make a list for the week. What do you HAVE to get accomplished each day? Pencil in your appointments. Beyond that, make a daily to do list. I also like to make a list of projects to tackle if time permits. Keep your paperwork, files and information pertaining to various projects sorted and in a specific place.

Take Some Time For Yourself! It may seem that will defeat the purpose of getting things done. It actually helps. It will allow you to refocus and re-energize. Many Sunday mornings I thing I have too much to do to go to church. When I skip...I may as well have thrown my list out the window. Most Sundays after church, I get more done that I could have ever wished. Take a walk, sit and relax, call a friend...just a few minutes will help.

Set Realistic Goals for the Day! Don't expect too much.  Know what your would really like to accomplish and know what can wait if needed. Painting the whole living room in one day? Probably should break that down in to more obtainable goals, especially if you are responsible for dinner, kids, etc.

Avoid Distractions! Facebook, texting, soap operas, Food Network...these can all be distractions of mine. Try leaving these distractions behind.

Power Task!  Try doing spurts of 45 minute to an hour of heavy duty work...then take a break and do some lighter tasks.  Don't try to cram all of the hard stuff in at once. Break up your day a little. This can help to make things less stressful.

I am trying to take my own advice today...hence, the break to write my blog. Now, on tho my list of things to accomplish!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner