Thursday, November 3, 2011

That was Then...


The age old question, "Where does the time go?" I wish I knew. Tonight is the beginning of a new chapter for me. The beginning of letting go of my baby girl. It is her first athletic senior night. She is almost finished with her senior year of volleyball. It seems like yesterday that she took this 7th grade volleyball photo.

I have always had this unique way of looking at the calendar each year...by which sports season it is. So basically my calendar is broken up into thirds for the school year...volleyball, basketball and softball. Our daughter has now almost completed 10 of 12 high school sports seasons.

I can remember our kids starting junior high and people telling us it would go VERY fast once they were there. It is true. I also just had a friend tell me about her last daughter leaving home. "Don't listen to what anyone tells you, don't believe them when they say it's ok...it's not!" She said about becoming empty nesters.

I am sad, but I am also extremely proud of our daughter and excited for her to pursue the dreams she has. She has been such a blessing and a joyful part of our lives. 

So for now, we will play out this chapter of her senior year. I will undoubtedly shed a few tears tonight as I will on her two other senior nights. 

As for where has the time gone...I will never have that answer...just the advice to enjoy EVERY minute we are blessed to share.  Love You Mandy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner