Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Ready, Set, Go....


Do you remember when Christmas season didn't start until AFTER Thanksgiving? I sure do. As a small child I remember looking forward to it. I was always anxious for Thanksgiving because after that all of the Christmas stuff would come out. Those were the days!

I was in Redding today and the Halloween items are barely moved into the clearance section...and the Christmas items are in FULL bloom! Say it isn't so.

I love the holiday season. The holiday season to me, though, includes Thanksgiving. We seem to skip right over it in the stores. Sure there is the obligatory display of pumpkin pie filling, stuffing mix and some fall decorations only to be overshadowed by ornaments, wrapping paper and candy canes. They are even paying Christmas music...before Thanksgiving!  I love Christmas music, but something just doesn't seem right about that.

I say NO...I am going to be stubborn and enjoy the fall season and be thankful for the many blessings I have. I will enjoy my Thanksgiving turkey, too much stuffing and pie...then focus on Christmas.

I choose to take each season as it comes and enjoy each one for what it means. I choose to not get so focused on Christmas that the next 6 weeks are a blur. I choose to wait until the day after Thanksgiving to start on Christmas...on which day I will take my annual shopping trip with my sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner