Tuesday, October 4, 2011

It's Not Where but How You Live


A little country in the city or a little city in the country? It is all around us.  People live away from their roots.  "You can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl." Where we grow up and where our roots are established always remains in our hearts.

There's a line in a current country song that says, "It's not where, but how you live."  When hearing that, I had to think how true that is.  The way we live our life is a reflection of our foundation and our roots.  The things we were taught when growing up can be taken with us anywhere.

How we live is the ultimate test.  Do we live with joy?  Do we respect ourselves and each other?  Do we love  and show compassion?  Do we take time to enjoy the simple things?  Do we have out priorities straight?

For me, growing up as a country girl, there were times that I lived in the city.  I didn't really like the "Where" I was living at the time.  I didn't have control of that.  I did have control of the "How" I was living.

There's nothing like getting back to your roots, whatever they may be.  Don't ever forget where you are from and use that to determine the "How" you live your life. Good or bad, your roots are what gives you the foundation to improve, change, continue and bear great fruit in your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner