Monday, October 24, 2011

Happy Monday!


It's definitely a Monday!  I cannot seem to get things going.  I made my list for the week, I organized my stack....but that's as far as I have got.  Why do I have such a hard time getting going on a Monday? I have even struggled with my blog this morning.  This is the fourth time I have sat down to write it.  My mind has been blank!  Who can relate?

So what is it about that first day of the work week?

Singers have sung about this day....

Monday Monday – The Mamas and The Papas
  • Monday Morning – Melanie Fiona
  • Manic Monday – The Bangels
  • Rainy Days and Mondays – The Carpenters
  • I Don’t Like Mondays – The Boomtown Rats

Writers have written about this day....

Monday Begins on Saturday – Boris and Arkady Strugatsky
Mister Monday – Garth Nix
Monday Mourning – Kathy Reichs
Monday with a Mad Genius – Mary Pope Osbourne

Several holidays fall on Monday...
Labor Day, Memorial Day, President's Day, Columbus Day and Veteran's Day.

Some say...
If you were born on this day, then you're not homely. Afterall, the old rhyme goes, "Monday's child is fair of face". 


When you're going to shop for a new car, do it on a Monday. Car sales people make the bulk of their sales on the weekends. When Monday rolls around, there are usually few customers in sight, and the weekend is a long ways off. That's why car sales people are more desperate on Monday, and they'll be more willing to cut you a deal.

Interesting fact about Monday....

One in every 702,203 Americans is named MONDAY and popularity of name MONDAY is 1.42 people per million.

That pretty much sums up how my mind feels this Monday morning...jumbled.  Since I couldn't figure out how to get going on this Monday morning, I figured I'd throw a few trivial facts at you to encourage you to get started with a great week! It's bound to get better after this...right?


No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner