Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Spice...It Only Took 22 Years!


A little spice is good for everyone. It only took 22 yeas of marriage for me to figure that out! How did it take me so long?

Not the spice you're thinking of...cooking with spice! I have finally started using the spices in my cupboard and want more! It is amazing what a little spice can do. 

Salt and Pepper...boring. Garlic Salt, season salt...common. It is on to pepper combination grinders, white and red pepper. Savory spices, sweet spices...can turn an ordinary meal into something very different.

Finally, I realized that I needed to take more time in preparing food and using ingredients. I have began to shop the outer aisles of the grocery store. Healthier food...but even better when prepared with a variety of ingredients and SPICES!

I love the smoky smell and flavor of cumin, a bit common I guess, but I had never used it! Now it is a favorite. I even used ground cloves in a spicy chicken soup. It is fun to seek out each of the flavors.

If you haven't yet...try spicing it up...it is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner