Monday, February 13, 2012

Skunk!


I was much younger and much faster...good thing! We were walking down the driveway to our first home. We were chatting and not paying much attention to our surroundings. As we came around the corner and our little house was in site...there he was...a fat little skunk by the rail pile along the driveway. It was just about dusk and time for the little varmits to come out. I wasted no time. My husband didn't see the skunk, but I made him aware that he was there.

"SKUNK!" I screamed as loud as I could. I then took off at a dead sprint never looking back, as I knew the skunk had to be right behind me! I couldn't hear anything but my feet hitting fast against the gravel driveway. I have no idea how fast I got there, but I ran past our house, around the corner and down the driveway before I could hear the faint sound of my husband's voice. "Val, Val, Stop!" He hollered. "Stop, are you  kidding," I thought. Getting sprayed by a skunk was the last thing on my list for the day. 

My husband finally caught up to me laughing hysterically. I am not sure if he was laughing because of the skunk or just plain surprised I could run that fast. I was completely out of breathe and now quite a ways past our house. I looked around and didn't see the skunk anywhere. Apparently, I scared the skunk more than he scared me and he didn't chase me at all. I ran for no reason. My husband watched from behind as I had to of set some kind of world record. 

This memory of when we first got married will always stick with me. Moral of the story...Don't keep running, there may not be anything chasing you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner