Monday, February 27, 2012

Eleven of Twelve


The time is here...we are almost there. We have experienced many practices, games, wins, losses, road trips and fun. We are finished with eleven of twelve sports. 

Our daughter is a three sport athlete. In high school she has played volleyball, basketball and softball. When she entered high school I started gauging my calendar by what sport season it was. I knew at that time we would have twelve seasons of sports to enjoy. Two games and week, some fun tournaments, braving softball games in snow storms and enjoying getting to know a wonderful groups of athletes. 

Flash forward...senior year...basketball is now over. Softball practice has begun. Eleventh season is over and the twelfth has begun. How did it happen so fast? What makes it harder is that she is our last child at home. We will have one more season of college football with our son...but no more will there be traveling to high school games to watch our high school children. 

Although I will be sad to see it all be done, I have enjoyed this part of our lives more than I can express. The memories will last a lifetime and I couldn't be more proud of my own children and all of the others I have watched. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner