Friday, February 3, 2012

How Do You Define Family?


It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons. 
 ~Johann Schiller

When you think of family is it just the people you are related to by blood? By marriage? Your close friends?    

Family is defined as: A fundamental social group in society typically consisting of one or two parents and their children; Two or more people who share goals and values, have long-term commitments to one another, and reside usually in the same dwelling place; All the members of a household under one roof; A group of persons sharing common ancestry. 


I think family is a lot more. Many of us have people we call aunt or uncle, that we aren't even related to. They are often good friends of our parents. Others come into our lives and just find a special place in our heart. Friends can feel like sisters and brothers. Older friends can feel like parents or grandparents. I believe it is what is in our hearts.


My blood family is amazing, I couldn't be blessed any more. My family by marriage is equally amazing. Then there are the other friends and special people that I would be proud to call family.

I want to dedicate this blog to a special lady. An past employee of ours is a special person. He liked to check up on me like my dad. He and his wife treated our kids as if they were grandkids. She passed away yesterday. She was a special lady with a bright smile and an amazing heart. She will be missed...her kindness was genuine and her gentle way could make anyone feel like they were important to her. She was like family.




No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner