Friday, April 29, 2011

What Day is It Anyway?


A Calendar from my Aunt....
  

This is timely...this picture is of a calendar my aunt gave me several years ago.  I love it, it is so cute.  Notice the dates...this is how it hangs on my wall today! I know, it's not June yet, but when it is, I will be ready.  I will have to shift the days and fill a few in, but I am ready for June!

This is a family joke when people come to visit.  When someone comes into our kitchen, they don't know what day or what  time it is (my clock doesn't work.)  I have just come to the point where I think it's funny. I used to get so wrapped up in time and schedule that I couldn't relax.  It was always... have to be here at this time, have to do this at that time, have to have lunch at noon and dinner at 6:00....Why?  Why do we always have to eat lunch at noon?  Habit.

When we go camping in the summer, the first thing I do is take my watch off.  I don't want to know what time it is.  There is plenty of food in the trailer, the family can help themselves when they are hungry.  I want just a few days in my life when the date or time doesn't matter.  Camping is that time.

When we had our business, my life revolved and was completely dictated by the calendar and clock.  Certain paydates, tax due dates, quarterly due dates, opening times, closing times.....that is one of the biggest reliefs of no longer being a business owner.  My day is now a little more flexible.

I know that it is not possible to throw my calendar and clock away, although sometimes it would be nice.  Of course we wouldn't want to forget our birthdays, would we?  What I do want to try to do is have a few times in a month where I can just "wing" it, look at my "June" calendar and broken clock and not care.  That is what we have been doing the last couple of days, no real plan, just hanging out with family. It has been great!  Sadly, it must come to and end....my daughter has to be at work at 8:00 am tomorrow! Oh well, it was good while it lasted.

No matter what day or what time it is or what you have to do or not do...remember...this is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!

Life is short...enjoy the moment you are in."

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner