Tuesday, April 26, 2011

This "Sun's" For You!

What is that a picture of? I know, not a great picture, but a glorious site to the eyes this morning.  It's the SUN!  A good friend of mine asked me last night, "Could you add a little sun to those blue skies?"  Here you go my dear friend.  The sun is shining today in northeastern California.  After a very wet month, we are forcasted for several days of sun.

It has been a little gloomy, the sun has peaked out from time to time, just enough to tease us a little.  I have managed to mow my lawn 4 weeks in a row, between storms, and start on some flower beds.  Luckily I haven't planted anything yet, it was 29 degrees this morning.

Here are a few thoughts to bring some sunshine into your life, even on the days the clouds are covering the sun in the sky... I can alway find a little sunshine in...

  • Watching a new calf run circles as fast as he can with his tail sticking straight out
  • Having that first cup of coffee in the morning with my husband
  • Watching the robins on the front lawn searching for breakfast after the night's rain
  • Waving to the neighbor on the way to town, just like we do everyday
  • Watching the slideshow of pictures roll across the computer screen as I sit down to relax for the night
  • Texting my son EVERY day to say good morning and chuckling at the response I get back
  • Time with friends to giggle over memories past, like "cardboard burgers and washed apple pies"...
  • Getting a picture of a friend's new baby
  • Talking to my grandparent's on the phone
  • Going to the bank and having the ladies there tell me I need to call my mom
  • Watching the dogs head off on their daily adventure each morning, never knowing what they will bring back and listening to my husband provide their dialog
I can go on and on, but I guess what I am saying is the simple things in life bring me sunshine when the days are gray. I am getting better as I get older in taking the time to appreciate these things.  For now, I am off to enjoy the real sunshine outside, it is a beautiful day!


My backyard.... Mt. Shasta

 
                                    "A good laugh is sunshine in the house."  - William Thackeray



No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner