Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Being Nice


The other day my daughter and I had a conversation about how some people are just mean. How they do things to other people that are just not nice.  What brought it up was that we know someone who just had their window of their car busted out and items stolen out of the car. The car was parked in front of a school. 

Out of that conversation we decided..."How great would the world be, if everyone could just be nice." Is it so hard? You know the concept, "The Golden Rule." We have worked hard to try to teach that in our family. It is not always easy to be nice, especially if someone isn't nice to you. I think the point we sometimes miss, is it isn't how others act, we cannot be responsible for that. It is how we act...it is there that we have the responsibility.

I am not saying I have never been mean, but I will say that as life progresses, I see the importance of being positive and nice. Have you ever been in a situation where someone is being rude and you didn't partake. Instead, you remain calm, positive and nice. It is interesting to see how the attitude of the other person can change. It is hard for someone to be argumentative or rude if the other side of the conversation doesn't participate.

If we all try...we can spread the "niceness." I know it never be a perfect world, but it is nice to try to do our part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner