Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Blog-a-Thon


To be successful you must accept all challenges that come your way. You can't just accept the ones you like. 
- Mike Gafka

There's something about a challenge lately that I like. It seems it is the only way I am getting anything done. I have made a list of spring to-do's and have been working diligently on those. 

In the midst of all of that, I have neglected my writing. Today, I found that a blogger friend had signed up for the 2012 WordCount Blog-a-thon...there you go...there's my challenge! I now have a reason to make sure I blog every day in May...it's my challenge!

Years ago I had a boss who told me, "We don't have problems in life, we have challenges." He went on to say that it is how we look at things that makes the difference. If we approach the situation at hand as a problem, it becomes one. If we approach it as a challenge, all of the sudden we have a reason to try to make the situation better, to make it work out in a positive way. 

I think that is one reason I always appreciate a challenge. Can I make something happen? Can I get something done in a set time? Can I reach a goal? Can I turn a problem into a challenge.

This one is simple...my problem was not finding the time to write, now the challenge is to write every day!

For the month of may I have already come up with a list of ideas to write about! I am going to tackle this challenge and hopefully provide you with some good reading along the way!




No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner