Sunday, January 15, 2012

Until Next Year

The newest member of my snowman collection

Goodbye snowmen, it's time to hibernate for another year. All packed away in your plastic tubs and ready to be put back in that room. 

I have a quite large snowman collection. Some people collect Santa's, some Gingerbread, but for me it has always been about snowmen. It goes way back...as a child my favorite Christmas cartoon was always Frosty the Snowman.

I look forward to Christmastime and bringing out my varied collection. I have a snowman of every size, shape, texture and facial expression. We all have our favorites. My husband likes the three posable snowmen. Every time I look at them they are in a different pose. When I put them away, they were "Hear no evil, Speak no Evil, See no Evil" position.

The kids bought me a snowman that is about 3 feet tall. He's very lifelike and very cute. Most of the snowmen I would classify as "boys". I do have one I would call a "mama" snowperson, there is a complementary dad and a child. They are the cute floppy ones. Then there is the snowboarder, the skier, the duck hunter and the list goes on.

Yes, I may have gone a little overboard! But...I am not the only one! A friend of ours collect Santa's and I think he may have more Santa's than I do Snowmen. Each year we buy one another a new piece for our collections. I always look for the perfect Santa for Randy and he finds the most clever snowmen for me! This year he outdid himself, it is my favorite piece of the collection. He had an old sled that belonged to his children and had a snowman painted on it for me. It is perfect!

My routine is to leave the snowmen out for part of January. I figure it is winter, I might as well. This year I was hoping that by leaving them out, maybe it would bring some much needed snow, no such luck. So today, they were packed away. Until next year when they will come out and provide much fun as I remember where each one came from.



To everything there is a season,
and a time to every purpose under the heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner