Wednesday, November 16, 2011

One Tough Dog


"Mom, can I have a puppy?" No. "But, he is so cute!" We don't need another dog.

I left the fair and headed home. My daughter and husband were to follow shortly. A little bit after I got home, here they come in the driveway. Out of the pickup they come...with a puppy!

"I told her NO." I said. My husband replied, "I told her NO too, but she wanted me to look at them.  The next thing I knew I told the people we would take this little guy."

This is how Blazer became a part of our family about 10 years ago. He was the cutest little fur ball, probably the cutest puppy we had ever seen. 

Blazer was a Queensland Heeler cross and a great little cow dog. A VERY tough dog. He was kicked many times. If it ever hurt him, he never let it show. We can't recall a time he yelped. He was a stubborn dog and pretty jealous when it came to other dogs.

When my dad moved onto the ranch, Blazer took to him and became grandpa's dog. He put on a little weight from plenty of milk bones and pretty much went wherever grandpa went.

Blazer died last weekend...it is always such a sad thing to lose a part of your animal family. We become so attached to our pets. Blazer definitely lived a great life...and he was a big part of ours. We'll miss you Blazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner